Sales Quote Of The Day
Keep your sales pipeline full by prospecting continuously. Always have more people to see than you have time to see them. ~ Brain Tracy
Today’s Sales Nugget
Creating A Powerful Pipeline.
We all know the importance of having a pipeline of prospects. When your pipeline is dry it triggers unwanted emotions among the sales professionals and possible conflict among the team members.
A lot of sales professionals become very complacent after winning few deals and this complacency kills their focus and future sales.
Why sales professionals are not focused on filling the pipeline? Is it too difficult?
Here are few interesting stats for you to know
- The average sales development rep makes 52 calls daily.
- It takes an average of 6-8 attempts to reach a prospect.
- Only 11% of salespeople ask clients for referrals, although 91% of clients are open to provide referral.
- 84% of the B2B decision makers start the buying process with a referral.
If the above numbers are understood well, the reason for not prospecting comes down to only one thing – lack of focus. The fact is those who are complacent about temporary results are focused on short term winning and those who are focused too much in the future are fearful and hence delay prospecting in the present.
So what can you do?
Here is a PROSPECTING CHALLENGE FOR YOU to 5X your sales in next 90 days. I am going to call this as 5X Challenge. Here are the steps that you will follow:
- Create a list of 150 clients that you want to reach out (Based on the ideal customer profile that you have)
- Create a list of UTP (Unique Touch Points) That you can create with your prospects. This could be call, emails, demo site, Linkedin, etc. This must happen once in a week on the same day of the week. At least 6 times., ( It takes an average of 6-8 attempts to reach a prospect. )
- You will start with 5 clients each day of the week in week 1 and continue to add 5 more each week.
- The list looks as following:
If you are able to convert 20% of these prospects into customers you will have 30 new customers by the end of 11 weeks. If you can do 25% conversion you will have 38 new customers.
Key To Having Success:
- Profile your customers well
- Ensure that you have added value before selling or asking for an appointment. Your UTP must add value
- Don’t sell too early, nurture
Up for the challenge?
If you find this Nugget useful please comment below and share this with your friends.
To receive these nuggets in your inbox, register by clicking on the link.